2. Mary Ward's colcannon in Country Choice, Tipperary: spuds and cabbage in blissful union.
3. The Cherry Tree Restaurant, Clare: right back on form with inspired cooking.
4. The Taste of Mayo: an eye-opening collection of west coast artisans.
5. Same Happy, Belfast: where you now go for echt Chinese food, and great smiling service.
6. L'Ecrivain restaurant, Dublin: polished perfection in every detail.
7. Liquorice ice cream with blood orange syrup, Café Paradiso, Cork: what an end to lunch!
8. Mature Baylough cheese, Tipperary: Dick and Anne Keating's masterpiece.
9. Clandeboye Estate Yogurt, Bangor: superb natural and Greek-style pots of deliciousness.
10. Trevor Irvine's new cheese shop, Dromahair, Leitrim: the master affineur and marketeer's new base.